Thursday, August 07, 2008

FAT BUT GETTING THINNER!

I HAVE LOST 2 LBS THIS WEEK.
I am so happy.
Healthy eating I'm afraid, I wish that I could say that it was exercise as well.

I went to visit a friend this afternoon and I have to say that the police are as crazy there as they are where I live!
6 cars and vans full of police showed up outside of her house,got out, looked around, chatted and then after approximately 25 minutes they just LEFT!
Now what was that all about?
They should have knocked on the door and asked if they could come in for a cup of tea.

I was talking to an old friend of mine today and I was talking over many of the things that have happened to me in my life and I realised what strong coping mechanisms I have.
I have previously thought about doing a counseling course and then again this afternoon my other friend talked about doing the same course that I had thought about doing.
I think that perhaps I should give working in this area some consideration.

A few weeks ago I surprised myself by crying over the death of my husband,it surprised me because it was a number of years ago now but I think that what upset me most was thinking about what he had lost, all those extra years living and being with his daughter.
Until I had losses in my own life,child, husband, parents ,I don't think I realised how painful and different for everyone grief and loss is. Who would have thought that I could have got upset now after so long.
But I think it was normal and right.
My mother also lost her first child and I always had the suspicion that she never stopped grieving.
When I was much younger, in my early 20's , I needed someone to talk to so badly I thought I would burst because there was no one there for me.
All I needed was someone to listen,I didn't need advice or anything, I can really see how counseling is helpful.
Definitely something to think about.

Positive news on the fibromyalgia front.
I may be heading for a respite, the first day in ages I haven't felt the desire or need to pass out on the sofa late afternoon.
Even if it only lasts a few days the break will be nice.

No comments:

MISSY

MISSY
BEAUTY

MAMMA BLOGGING ABOUT BEAUTY AND HER SISTERS


An Irish Blessing

(A Blessing from St. Patrick)
May the road rise to meet you,

May the wind be always at your back,

May the sun shine warm upon your face,

May the rains fall soft upon your fields,

And, until we meet again,

May God hold you in the hollow of His hand.